By Stef Panebianco
The Euro-Mediterranean Partnership used to be shaped in 1995 in Barcelona. during this quantity, innovations of democracy, civil society, human rights and discussion between civilizations within the Mediterranean zone are addressed within the context of the recent Euro-Mediterranean Partnership.
Read or Download A New Euro-Mediterranean Cultural Identity (Soviet Study of War) PDF
Similar education books
On-line Collaborative studying: concept and perform offers a source for researchers and practitioners within the quarter of on-line collaborative studying (also referred to as CSCL, computer-supported collaborative learning), really these operating inside a tertiary schooling surroundings. It comprises articles of relevance to these attracted to either conception and perform during this zone.
On the finish of the 19th and the start of the 20 th century, a wide and sundry team of the Russian intelligentsia grew to become enthusiastic about Friedrich Nietzsche, whose provocative rules encouraged lots of them to beat out of date traditions and to create new values. mockingly, the German thinker, who vigorously challenged the proven Christian worldview, invigorated the wealthy ferment of non secular philosophy within the Russian Silver Age: his principles served as a fruitful resource of notion for the philosophers of the Russian spiritual renaissance, the so-called God-seekers, of their quest for a brand new non secular realization.
Cisco networking authority Todd Lammle has thoroughly up to date this re-creation to hide the entire examination pursuits for the newest model of the CCNA examination. Todd's simple kind offers energetic examples, easy-to-understand analogies, and real-world eventualities that won't simply assist you arrange for the examination, but additionally offer you an excellent starting place as a Cisco networking specialist.
- Lifelong Learning and the University: A Post-Dearing Agenda
- (Un)masking Schulz: New Combinations, Further Fragmentations, Ultimate Reintegrations (Studies in Slavic Literature & Poetics)
- Media Bias in Reporting Social Research? The Case of Reviewing Ethnic Inequalities in Education
- Crimes of the Educators: How Utopians Are Using Government Schools to Destroy America's Children
Additional resources for A New Euro-Mediterranean Cultural Identity (Soviet Study of War)
Stressing the common cultural heritage does not imply losing specificities, but pleads instead for mutual respect and coexistence, as ‘dialogue and respect between cultures and religions is a necessary condition for the reconciliation of peoples’ (Barcelona Declaration, 1995). Inter-religious dialogue represents, then, another important component of the third chapter of the Barcelona Declaration. ). The EMP rests upon a constructivist approach aimed not only at promoting tolerance, but at spreading positive perception of cultural differences as well.
2. Among EU member countries, Mediterranean countries are traditionally linked to southern Mediterranean countries and are prone to cooperation initiatives much more than northern countries. Historically, France has played the leading role of dominant power in the region. In more recent times the Spanish government has also pushed for closer EU-Mediterranean relations through a campaign ending up with the Barcelona Conference of November 1995. The Italian government has been active in this direction as well; in 1990 Italy together with Spain launched the proposal for a conference on security and cooperation in the Mediterranean along the lines of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe (Bin, 1997).
Those around the Mediterranean who oppose democracy point to the failure of the democratic experiments that have recently been attempted here and there, particularly in Africa. According to them the failure is due to an insufficient and inadequate transitional period, and hence there is no point in repeating an experiment that is doomed to failure, since peoples in MPCs are not prepared for democracy any better than their counterparts in Africa, and therefore require further education in this area.