By Patrick Major, Rana Mitter
This ebook asks the reader to re-examine the chilly battle not only as superpower clash and excessive international relations, yet as social and cultural background. It makes cross-cultural comparisons of the socio cultural points of the chilly battle around the East/West block divide, facing matters together with broadcasting, public opinion, and the construction and intake of pop culture.
Read or Download Across the Blocs: Exploring Comparative Cold War Cultural and Social History (Cold War History) PDF
Best security books
Present debates in regards to the nature of overseas politics have founded at the conflict among supporters and critics of realism. The Perils of Anarchy brings jointly a couple of fresh essays written within the realist culture. It contains realist interpretations of the cave in of the chilly struggle order and of the rising order that has changed it, the resources of alignment and aggression, and the motives of peace.
Ebook by means of
MobiSec 2010 was once the second one ICST convention on protection and privateness in cellular info and verbal exchange platforms. With the massive quarter of cellular know-how examine and alertness, the purpose at the back of the production of MobiSec used to be to make a small, yet particular contribution to construct a bridge among top-level learn and big scale program of novel types of details protection for cellular units and conversation.
Methods to increase the confidentiality, availability and integrity of knowledge in your PC's and LAN's - simply and successfully. Written by way of the well known foreign professional on notebook protection, Robert Schifreen, this particular administration advisor is written for each defense unsleeping supervisor in a company.
- The Struggle for Order: Hegemony, Hierarchy, and Transition in Post-Cold War East Asia
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional Engineering (CISSP-ISSEP) Secrets To Acing The Exam and Successful Finding And Landing Your Next Certified Information Systems Security Professional Engineering (CISSP-ISSEP) Certified Job
- Geological Storage of CO2 – Long Term Security Aspects: GEOTECHNOLOGIEN Science Report No. 22
- Logistics and transportation security : a strategic, tactical, and operational guide to resilience
- The Security Dilemmas of Southeast Asia
- The Outlook Answer Book: Useful Tips, Tricks, and Hacks for Microsoft Outlook(R) 2003
Extra resources for Across the Blocs: Exploring Comparative Cold War Cultural and Social History (Cold War History)
41. USIA HB, USIA 17th Review of Operations, 1 July–31 Dec. 16–18; JFKL VOA microfilm, reel 5, Loomis to Murrow, IBS Monthly Report, 18 Dec. 604/11–561, Thompson to USIA, 5 Nov. 1961. 42. Interview: Cliff Groce, 30 Nov. 1995; JFKL VOA microfilm, reel 5, Loomis to Murrow, IBS Monthly Report, 18 Dec. 1961. 43. JFKL POF, Depts. and Agencies USIA, box 91, USIA Research and Reference Service, ‘Reaction to the Presidential Announcement on Nuclear Testing’, R-21–62, 6 March 1962; Murrow to President, 3 Aug.
And Agencies USIA, box 91, Murrow to President, 31 Aug. 1961. The Daily Express version, 2 Sept. 1961, showed only the site and relative location of Western Europe, but associated articles dealt with the risk of fall-out. 33. JFKL VOA, reel 1, News Analysis, 1847, Raymond Swing, ‘The Soviet People are not told’, 6 Sept. 1961. 34. JFKL USIA director file, reel 6, Murrow to Bowles, 24 June 1961, secret, ‘The Nuclear Test Ban Issue’. Across the blocs 36 35. 59, Murrow to President, 31 Aug. 1961; Considerations regarding nuclear testing.
51. JFKL Salinger papers, box 132, 1961 file, USIA, Murrow to President, 23 May 1961. 52. JFKL USIA director’s papers, reel 6, Murrow to Adam Clayton Powell, 21 June 1961, with attached ‘report summary world-wide reaction to racial incidents in Alabama’. 53. 657. 54. JFKL WHCF subject file FG 296 USIA, box 184, Executive, Wilson to Frank D. Reeves, 9 May 1961. 55. LBJM, Panzer papers, box 469, USIA, summary memo: ‘United States Information Agency’, 1 Oct. 1963. 56. Interview: John Twitty, by telephone, 15 Nov.