By Elli Fragkaki, Lujo Bauer, Limin Jia, David Swasey (auth.), Sara Foresti, Moti Yung, Fabio Martinelli (eds.)
This ebook constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the seventeenth eu Symposium on desktop safeguard, ESORICS 2012, held in Pisa, Italy, in September 2012. The 50 papers integrated within the publication have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 248 papers. The articles are equipped in topical sections on safeguard and knowledge defense in actual platforms; formal types for cryptography and entry keep watch over; safety and privateness in cellular and instant networks; counteracting man-in-the-middle assaults; community safeguard; clients privateness and anonymity; situation privateness; balloting protocols and nameless conversation; inner most computation in cloud platforms; formal defense versions; identification established encryption and workforce signature; authentication; encryption key and password protection; malware and phishing; and software program security.
Read or Download Computer Security – ESORICS 2012: 17th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, Pisa, Italy, September 10-12, 2012. Proceedings PDF
Similar security books
Present debates concerning the nature of overseas politics have established at the conflict among supporters and critics of realism. The Perils of Anarchy brings jointly a couple of contemporary essays written within the realist culture. It comprises realist interpretations of the cave in of the chilly warfare order and of the rising order that has changed it, the assets of alignment and aggression, and the motives of peace.
MobiSec 2010 was once the second one ICST convention on safeguard and privateness in cellular details and verbal exchange platforms. With the large zone of cellular expertise examine and alertness, the goal in the back of the construction of MobiSec used to be to make a small, yet designated contribution to construct a bridge among top-level study and big scale software of novel forms of details safeguard for cellular units and conversation.
Tips on how to enhance the confidentiality, availability and integrity of data in your PC's and LAN's - simply and successfully. Written by way of the popular overseas professional on notebook safety, Robert Schifreen, this specified administration consultant is written for each protection wakeful supervisor in a company.
- DISPOSAL OF TRU WASTE FROM THE PLUTONIUM FINISHING PLANT IN PIPE OVERPACK CONTAINERS TO WIPP INCLUDING NEW SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
- Corporate Security Responsibility?: Corporate Governance Contributions to Peace and Security in Zones of Conflict.
- Big Brother NSA & its Little Brother : National Security Agency's Global Survellance Network
- The Dollar and National Security: The Monetary Component of Hard Power
- PCI Compliance. Implementing Effective PCI Data Security Standards
- Pacific Currents: The Responses of U.S. Allies and Security Partners in East Asia to China1s Rise
Extra info for Computer Security – ESORICS 2012: 17th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, Pisa, Italy, September 10-12, 2012. Proceedings
4. We modiﬁed manifest ﬁles, added sending functionality to some, and added a content provider to Open Manager. , [20,22]). , ), including covert channels , DoS  and web attacks , and unauthorized application repackaging . Several works have pointed out ﬂaws in Android’s permission system. One weakness is the lack of global properties: Android’s permission system does not prevent privilege escalation or information leakage. Davi et al.  and Felt et al.  have studied privilege-escalation attacks in detail.
Springer, Heidelberg (2011) 7. : Quire: Lightweight provenance for smart phone operating systems. In: Proc. USENIX Security (2011) 18 E. Fragkaki et al. 8. : TaintDroid: An information-flow tracking system for realtime privacy monitoring on smartphones. In: Proc. USENIX OSDI (2010) 9. : A study of Android application security. In: Proc. USENIX Security (2011) 10. : On lightweight mobile phone application certification. In: Proc. CCS (2009) 11. : Android permissions demystified. In: Proc. CCS (2011) 12.
We consider the ﬁrst complete security analysis of GFS systems. We formalize desirable security properties with respect to the successful enforcement of access control mechanisms and data conﬁdentiality by considering a threat model that is much stronger then in previous works. We propose extensions to the GFS protocols that satisfy these properties, and provide a comprehensive analysis of the extensions, both analytically and experimentally. In a proof-of-concept implementation, we demonstrate the practicality of the extensions by showing that they incur only a 12% slowdown while oﬀering higher-assurance guarantees.